[lbo-talk] Somebody reads Zizek

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Mon Mar 13 14:12:59 PST 2006

At 04:56 PM 3/13/2006, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Max Sawicky wrote:
>
>> http://crookedtimber.org/2006/03/10/zizek-and-badiou-where-are-you/
>
>Or, more exactly, someone's read MIT Press's promotional copy for Zizek.
>
>Doug

I thought the same thing! I was going to comment but it appears that they're turned off. I thought it odd that the only book he pointed to as "theory of theory" was Bourdieu. There's an entire literature on "theory of academic theories" -- sociology of academia. And why shouldn't there be? It's social life. We analyze, describe, and try to explain it. But apparently, we have to be dismissive about academia as of so little import that it's not worthwhile examining why certain theories are promulgated and not others, how taste gets reproduced, etc.

Very strange.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org