[lbo-talk] the Republican pornstar

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 14 10:59:53 PST 2006

<http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/story?id=156238>

After getting her $2500 contribution all sorted out and in her own name, Mary Carey - the porn star politician of California recall fame - is all set to attend Thursday evening's NRCC fundraising dinner at which President Bush is expected as well.

Carey was disappointed to learn on Monday that the NRCC would not accept the original contribution sent from her producer's bank account in her legal name, Mary Cook.

She got in touch with the NRCC and sent $2500 from her account in her professional name, but she plans revenge. "I won't dress as conservatively as I did last year. I'm going to wear something more revealing this year because the NRCC is being mean to me," Carey told The Note.

NRCC spokesman Carl Forti responded by saying, "It is illegal to contribute to any political organization under someone else's name. Therefore we could not accept a donation from her producer in her name. If Mary is mad at anyone she should be mad at the FEC."

Carey, who says she loves the President, is searching for a Washington, DC venue to hold a Thursday afternoon press conference to reveal her dinner outfit.