[lbo-talk] warner as 2008 dem candidate

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Mar 14 13:42:44 PST 2006

>From my proximity to Warner here in MD I did not get moralism vibes.
He struck me more as the personification of Babbitry. Zero ideological imagination or other evidence of cerebral activity. He raised taxes a bit and put some money into roads and schools. Whoopee.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Jim Devine Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:34 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] warner as 2008 dem candidate

On 3/14/06, Max Sawicky <sawicky at verizon.net> wrote:
> I can't think of anybody worse on the Dem side, except Joe Lieberman.
> He's an empty suit.

He's worse than an empty suit, since he pushes the "politics of moralism" as hard as he can.

-- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles