[lbo-talk] Waltropolis: City In A Box

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 14 15:24:14 PST 2006

One thing in Wal Mart's favor, it was one of Johnny Cash's favorite stores.

Friday, 19 September 2003

I remember when I first moved to Hendersonville, Tennessee, around Christmas time, I ran into Johnny and June shopping at the local WalMart. There were two giants of American music, wandering the aisles amid the boxes of laundry soap and discount clothing. June was picking through a clearance bin of children's mittens and calling (rather loudly) to Johnny one aisle over, "John, don't you think these would be great for the grandkids?"

http://www.gretchenpeters.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=46