[lbo-talk] Fight the taboo on the use of the word "racist"

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Mar 15 09:17:19 PST 2006

No, the Black racism is mainly against Hispanic people. I heard it was a major factor in LA when the race card was overtly played to oppose a pro-union Hispanic candidate. It is not much different here in Baltimore. For example, the work center for immigrant workers that Casa Maryland wants to put in our neighborhood, with the support of our community organizations,is fiercely opposed by Black homeowners and activists with racist rhetoric that would make the KKK blush - their slogan is "save our children from pedophiles."

We have a community meeting on that today evening, so I will report back what happened.

Wojtek

^^^^^ CB; However, as a white person, you need to stay out of conflicts between Black and Hispanic people. For one thing, you probably are off on the dynamic, of prejudices going in both directions, because you in particular seem to have an anti-Black racist tendency. It is not the role of white people to try to undue Black _prejudice_ ( not racism) against Hispanics , or vica versa. White people need to stay out of such meetings. You should stay away from that community meeting. You cannot possibly play a good role in it.

You should focus exclusively on fighting white racism, as far as your anti-racist work.