[lbo-talk] WSJ on the impeachment agenda

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 15 14:26:09 PST 2006

John Adams wrote:

>On Mar 15, 2006, at 11:29 AM, Andy F wrote:
>
>>What do you make of the derangement of the WSJ editors vs. its
>>reporting? It's like they don't read their own paper.
>
>No, not at all. They have a fine understanding of both the need for
>accurate information and the need for propaganda, and the discipline
>to do both at once. It's admirable, in its way.

Sometimes I wonder who reads all that great journalism in the WSJ. I doubt too many corporate titans do - it's too long and too serious. They might read the "A-hed" stories (so called because there's a three-sided rule around the headline that looks kind of like an A less the crossbar), which are usually funny - but the "leaders" on either side of A1 is way above your average FX trader's reading level.

Doug