[lbo-talk] Green Day snubs Ted Nugent

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 16 08:14:20 PST 2006

New York Post [Page Six] - March 16, 2006

ROCKERS RAGE OVER DUBYA

TED Nugent is fuming that pop-punk superstars Green Day laughed off his offer to collaborate with them. The right-wing rocker says he approached Green Day frontman Billy Joe Armstrong about working together, but he simply "laughed" at the idea. The idea does seem odd, given that Nugent is a Republican gun nut and Green Day's smash album, "American Idiot," was widely viewed as an indictment of the George W. Bush administration. But that hasn't stopped The Nuge from crying foul. "Their social ignorance, their historical vacuity and their knee-jerk condemnation of American things and the Bush administration is nothing short of embarrassing," a wounded Nugent told contactmusic.com. But underneath all that hurt, the "Cat Scratch Fever" singer admits he has a soft spot for Billy Joe and the boys. "I bought all their albums," he says. "I would be more than happy to talk to them." We're sure they'll call you, Nuge.