[lbo-talk] a vile cesspit of a film

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 16 09:47:22 PST 2006

Wojtek wrote:

>It took us thewhole day just to get down to LA, where I hung out for
>a few hours

So what you know about Los Angeles is from the movies and hanging out here a few hours on your way to somewhere else? Sorry, but this is like saying I know New York after watching Seinfeld and walking around Grand Central. Los Angeles is not all gated communities, though you get that impression from it's public image. Safe is one of my favorite movies, but it's not about all of Los Angeles, only the part that people rightly love to hate. (And only the first half is in Los Angeles. The second half is in New Mexico.)

It really takes years to get to know this place. One of the things I love about it is the kind of excavation you have to do to find the heart of the city.