[lbo-talk] Fwd: [PEN-L] Kevin Phillips: declinist

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 16 11:31:24 PST 2006

Whether or not the peak oil hypothesis is correct will eventually be verified or falsified by history, as will global warming. The puzzling thing is to see a once highly placed figure like Phillips apparently deal seriously with those subjects. The easy and cynical answer is that Phillips just wants to sell books and is catering to a likely book buying audience (that conclusion is stronger given the fact that his previous book on the Bushs seemed to me like a lite version of Kitty Kelly's work). On the other hand, the nagging question in my mind is whether Phillips remains in contact with top level players and - if so- to what extent his writing reflects their concerns. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Jim Devine" <jdevine03 at gmail.com>