[lbo-talk] Misusing "Racism", was Re: Bush down to 33%; public loves posturingxenophobiccongress

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 16 16:46:50 PST 2006

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

>The fact that the UAE
>recognizes the Taliban regime tells us next to nothing about the
>company Dubai Ports World.

On my radio show less than two hours ago, Christian Parenti made the point that most Americans don't appreciate how the Taliban are essentially run by the government of Pakistan, almost certainly from the highest levels (i.e., Musharraf). Pakiston is, of course, our great ally in the war on terror. And, further back in of courseness, the US and Pakistan created the Taliban. So should we boycott ourselves?

Doug