[lbo-talk] Misusing "Racism", was Re: Bush down to 33%; public loves posturingxenophobiccongress

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Thu Mar 16 18:54:49 PST 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> -And I know that in your heart of hearts you know this, but you just -don't want to admit it.

I said up front that some Americans no doubt are reacting with racist motives. Which is not great but so what? Any policy, however justified, that gains any support based on any racist motives in the population must be condemned?

BTW I'd oppose an Israeli-owned government controlling our ports as well.

And you better believe a bunch of leftwing and rightwing folks would be talking darkly about the US-Israeli conspiracy involved in that case.

-- Nathan Newman