[lbo-talk] Bush down to 33%; public loves posturingxenophobic congress

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Fri Mar 17 02:56:36 PST 2006

>>> dhenwood at panix.com 03/15/06 11:38 PM >>>
Can you really believe there was no anti-Arab racism involved in the ports mania? I can't believe you really think that, but I bet you like the way the whole thing polled. Bush took a hit and the Congressional Dems gained a few points. Sometimes opportunism works, but it still stinks. Doug <<<<<

perhaps i missed it, haven't followed story that closely, but i've not heard anyone in political mainstream - whether politician or press - note irony of u.s. prez administration committed to privatizing as much as it can get away with approving deal involving state-owned firm in this instance... mh