[lbo-talk] Hobsbawn and Attali on Marx

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Mar 20 06:25:50 PST 2006

"In 1849 Marx wrote about going back to protectionism and other kinds of barbarism. At the beginning of the 20th century it was impossible to imagine, and today is the same. We cannot imagine the barbarism that will happen, but it is obvious that it will. The only way to imagine a solution will be to organise, on a worldwide level, a compromise between the market and democracy."

^^^^^ CB: I got a better idea. Lets globalize the current South American process.