[lbo-talk] Hobsbawn and Attali on Marx

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Mar 20 12:08:45 PST 2006

Good idea! Can you get it going in Detroit? You'd think the current state of the US auto industry might be good material to work with.

Doug

^^^^ CB: We have sent a letter from the Detroit City Council to the Venezuealan Consulate in response to the offers of oil. Maybe we'll establish a sister city there.

Detroit has been under a sort of economic blockade like Cuba since it became majority Black, so we have that in common with the Left South.

One problem is that most of the White workers have moved out of the City because they don't want to live with Black workers; and Detroit-bashing is the favorite political sport around the state. Same ole problem for the unity of the working class in America.

If White workers figure out how to unite with Black , we might get it going.