[lbo-talk] William F. Browder

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 20 14:37:25 PST 2006

Chris Doss or anyone else knowlegable about Russia, any idea why the Putin government has currently barred William Browder (grandson of Earl) from the country? As head of Hermitage Capital Management, I thought he was one of the government's strongest supporters among foreign investors. The press is speculating it has something to do with Gazprom being unhappy with him, but I didn't have the impression he was critical of the dominant role of the company or its poliicies.