[lbo-talk] It lives

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Tue Mar 21 12:03:37 PST 2006

http://ginmar.livejournal.com/682739.html

'One of the things, finally, that makes one a radical feminist is that one believes that race is not the important factor. Men will turn against women every time in favor of other men, because we still define human rights as being male. It is not impossible to combine concerns over race and sexism and make sure that everyone is treated fairly, but the longer we avoid making this a common practice, the more entrenched such thinking becomes. I make no apologies for defining any woman not a feminist as something of an enemy, unless she's merely misinformed and amenable to learning. Race and religion and these things are distractions from the greatest division of all; the way we define men as human and women as something less. Until we eradicate that belief, we will have to deal with its children; racism, homophobia, bigotry, and so forth, because with one half of the human race reserving the right to abuse the other half, it is that much easier to justify the abuse of other groups based on their differnces. Feminism looks at similiarities, and first and foremost among them is this: I am not equal to a man, better than a man, less than a man. I am a woman, and that is not defined by a presence or absence of manhood.'