[lbo-talk] Looks ugly

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Thu Mar 23 08:23:23 PST 2006

Churchill is a pretty good speaker, or at least he was when I caught him in Seattle a few years ago. As a debater, I couldn't say. I suppose it would depend on the format. Churchill did handle a couple of hecklers fairly well, but they were inept. This will probably turn ugly quickly. Horowitz's supporters will likely shout Churchill down.

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Chuck Sent: Wed 3/22/2006 10:34 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Looks ugly

c p wrote:

> this could be a measure of who can keep from blowing up first - a nice
> bet after the March madness

I'd put my money on Churchill winning all of these debates.

Horowitz is just a big coward who will melt quickly.