[lbo-talk] Right wing Israeli political party goes to Arab part of Jaffa and hands out leaflets calling Arabs to emigrate for money...fighting commences

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 08:49:36 PST 2006

I found the following by googling: >In Judges 17, the prophet, Micah hires a Levite as his personal priest. The price for the Levite's services was ten shekels (of silver) and a shirt.< from http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282

this might be where the negative connotation that I perceived came from, since it seems to be about religion for sale. Or maybe it comes from anti-semitism.