Re: [lbo-talk] Slaves of Academe: We Don’t Need Another Hero

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 22:12:43 PST 2006

Re this: http://slavesofacademe.blogspot.com/2006/03/we-dont-need-another-hero.html

Anyone still pushing the meme that that Chavez won a rigged recall is not to be taken seriously - except as someone reinforcing a dangerous propaganda campaign. Anyone with legitimate criticism of the Bolivarian revolution needs to avoid mixing it with slander. I'm sure there is legitmate criticism to make, since no member of the the current government of Venezuela has demonstrated a talent for changing water into wine.

I think, by the way, that this is a case where ad hominem in the original sense is legitimate. Human time is limited. Certain mistakes entitle one to cease to pay attention to those making them, to concentrate on other sources more likely to provide a better signal to noise ratio.