[lbo-talk] Re: [DemocraticLeft] Slaves of Academe: We Dont Need Another Hero

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 10:35:21 PST 2006

M. Pugliese pointed us to a blog named "The Devil's Excrement"

<http://blogs.salon.com/0001330/2005/12/07.html#a2636>

from which...

The EU observers noted, among many different things the following:

-Wide sectors of Venezuelan society simply do not trust the CNE

-The legal framework is inconsistent and even contradictory

-The Government created a mechanism of fear in the Maisanta database

-The Government used public transportation to mobilize voters

[...]

This bloggish "Devil" has cured me of my malady: the regrettable hero worship that gripped like a fevered dream (in my addled thoughts, the beloved Che morphed into Chavez and then back again...perhaps they're the same person, peeking intermittently out from behind the veil of quantum possibility).

Amen and farewell; adios Chavez, mi ilusión.

The name Chavez trips no more off my tongue (just the other night, before my correction, while receiving a parking ticket, I told the meter apparatchik "but do you know that under Chavez this would not happen...and flowers would bloom in mid-air?" I still got the ticket).

But who will be my next hero?

Perhaps Angela Merkel, she's so very sensible. She has such big, shiny plans for German workers.

It's so difficult being a leftist, burdened with a supertanker full of reveries the intrepid must tirelessly work to bring down to the cold earth.

.d.

--------- Sí, los terroristas son nihilists pero sus enemigos son nihilists también.

http://monroelab.net/blog/