[lbo-talk] Slaves of Academe: We Don't Need Another Hero

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:26:27 PST 2006

the "privileged academic left" is a tool to distract people from seeing the power of the extremely privileged business and financial elite.

of course, there is some reality underlying the "privileged academic left": one of the few groups who don't have to totally kowtow to the neo-liberal/neo-conservative rule are those with tenure in academia. They're (I'm) privileged in the sense that "academic freedom" still exists.