[lbo-talk] Billy Bragg boxed set Vol. 1

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 27 13:45:08 PST 2006

I'm not in the habit of making music recommendations on this list but if you are a Billy Bragg fan and are having reservations concerning the purchase of his new Vol. 1 boxed set you can rest assured it is worth every penny. Even if you have the original 4 CD's in this set the bonus material absolutely kicks ass. The bonus material also comprises more than 1/2 of this compilation. This set reminds me why it wasn't hyperbole to refer to Bragg as a One-Man-Clash. The concert footage from the 80's on the two bonusDVD's is priceless if you're a fan. I took the day off to enjoy several gin and tonics and this boxed set uninterrupted.

John Thornton