[lbo-talk] I'm so depressed -- Stanislav Lem dead

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 14:19:07 PST 2006

Andy F:Dang. His work tempts me to learn Polish.---Man, I am so depressed. Solaris was the first book I ever read in Russian (I know, translated from Polish). A wonderful writer -- I read Pirx the Pilot over and over as a kid. Lem and Philip Dick are my favorite sci-fi writers, even if Dick, in a schizophrenic moment. believed that Lem was a KGB agent. Overall, I'm just really sad.

Didn't Isaac Asimov an edition of Soviet/Soviet-block sci-fi? He was a Russian-speaking Ukrainian Jew, I believe?

Once again, I'm really depressed. When Larry Niven dies, it will be a catastrophe! What will happen to Known Space? ;)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!