[lbo-talk] ruling class

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 28 04:00:49 PST 2006

Michael Hoover posted a link to an article that said:

"It's just a couple of degrees from becoming a Saturday Night Live skit," says Noel Beasley of the UNITE/HERE textile workers union. "It's like if you took Bob Dylan's 'The Times They Are A-Changing,' used it to pitch Rolex watches and tried to convince people that if they bought enough luxury goods they could make a revolution. It's ludicrous on its face."

Yeah, there's a lot of this. What about IBM using The Kinks' "I'm Not Like Everybody Else" in a recent commercial. The commercial features mostly Anglo business people mouthing the lyrics to the Kinks' old ode to noncomformity. (IBM caters to your individuality, is the message, I suppose -- because IBM knows you are indeed not like everybody else in your business needs. *vomit*)

-B.