[lbo-talk] I'm so depressed -- Stanislav Lem dead

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Mar 28 09:25:47 PST 2006

On Mar 28, 2006, at 7:56 AM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> The implications of these and similar research
> programs are non-trivial and require broad discussion.
>
> It's my experience however that LBOTalk is not really
> the forum for that sort of thing. ... To be honest, I don't
> think there's sufficient
> interest in discussing the impact these powerful
> bio-technologies are having and will continue to have
> on our present circumstances and future prospects to
> get a robust back and forth kicked off.
>

> Perhaps I'm wrong.

About a month ago I asked if there was any further interest in discussing the reported remark of 'scooter'libby to a group of neocon supporters regarding weapons tailored to genetic type and their forthcoming use by USG military. The resulting silence supports your supposition. But I do think that the mix of professions that compose the active participants on LBO would support robust discussion - multi disciplined input.

Martin