[lbo-talk] Fwd: [Working-Class] Apathy - A Common Enemy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 29 08:43:40 PST 2006

[From the Working Class Studies list <working-class-studies.lists.ysu.edu>. Is it apathy, or is it genuine confusion about what can be done, with GM racking up $10 billion in losses? At the Left Forum in NYC a few weeks ago, I asked Marsha Niemeijer of Labor Notes what they'd do; reading LN, it sounds like all they need is more union democracy and more militancy, but little substantive about how they'd deal with the auto crisis. She sorta ducked the question, saying she's not an ecnomist. If anyone here has some good ideas, I'd love to hear them.]