[lbo-talk] ruling class

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 29 09:13:27 PST 2006

Carl Remick wrote:

>That's because civilians are (usually) sensible enough not to ask
>the armed forces to do anything they don't want to do.

I thought the military didn't like the idea of invading Iraq.

>Who wouldn't follow "orders" when they entail getting so much for so little?

So far, 2,325 of them have died in Iraq, and 16,253 have been injured, according to my casualty widget. And uncounted numbers are suffering severe psychological damage. While that's a fraction of the damage Iraqis have suffered, it's a lot more than a little.

Doug