[lbo-talk] NYT on French unions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 29 12:48:27 PST 2006

Nathan Newman wrote:

>What's amazing to me is that this list is all so excited about the French
>protests with relatively little celebration of the largest rallies in Los
>Angeles history

Not true at all. There are several threads with subject headings like "500K rally in LA for immigrants' rights," "More on L.A.'s 'biggest public protest,'" and a report just this morning about high schoolers in fucking Dallas walking out of class in defense of immigrant rights. Why do you always have to set up these spurious oppositions?

Doug