[lbo-talk] I'm so depressed -- Stanislav Lem dead

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 13:30:20 PST 2006

I read Niven in my teens, in which he captivated me. I wasn't looking for politics then, I guess I missed something. I reread Ringworld recently -- found it by chance here in an English-language bookstore. Fantastic idea, wonderful aliens and pseudo-hard-science, and lame characters and "genetic luck" idea. God do I hate Teela Brown.

Once again with the aliens, I think Niven created some of the best alien species ever. I love the Puppeeters and the Grogs. They're just bitchin'.