[lbo-talk] NYT on French unions

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Mar 29 13:35:32 PST 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Devine" <jdevine03 at gmail.com>

On 3/29/06, Nathan Newman <nathanne at nathannewman.org> wrote:
> Folks on the list seem to engage in almost mindless union-bashing without
>even a nod in the direction of the legal reality under which US unions
>operate.

-can you quote some of this "almost mindless union-bashing," please?

How about Doug's comment about the success of the French union protests-- "And all without gangsters" slam on unions as corrupt mafiosas.

And for weeks earlier, we had thread after thread about the narrowness of unions and then when they participate in mass nationwide defense of immigrant workers, almost no one even bothers to comment on the fact.

Nathan Newman