[lbo-talk] Chomsky: Israel Lobby ?

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 05:19:56 PST 2006

Chomsky is so damned convincing and so damned clear on these matters that sometimes you want to argue with him because your own mind is so damned confused and you wonder how if everything looks so clear you could have not said it yourself.

But a few more points here: I think that last paragraph is basically the "moral" point. Blaming "the Lobby" for U.S. mideast policy is like a conspiracy theory. If the reason things are going wrong is because of behind the scene conspiracies then there is no reason why we should have to take any responsibility for the basic everyday policies of our government. All we have to do is blame it on those "evil conspirators" who secretly stole our freedoms when we weren't looking.

It is not a secret "cabal" that makes U.S. foreign policy so oppressive in the Middle East or Central and South America. It is the simple fact that U.S. foreign policy is intended to benefit those who own most of the U.S. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060330/3a71d474/attachment.htm>