[lbo-talk] Chomsky: Israel Lobby ?

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 16:21:28 PST 2006

On 3/30/06, Seth Ackerman wrote:
> I never understood the link between oil prices and oil corp profits.
> (I've seen [Nitzan & Bichler's] charts.) Aren't the companies mostly involved in
> marketing and refining now? Why should their profits go up along with
> crude prices?

the marketing and refining part of the companies simply raises gasoline prices in step with oil prices (though gas prices tend to rise faster than they fall).

The oil companies still benefit from the ownership of some oil fields or participation in some oil extraction. -- Jim Devine / "There can be no real individual freedom in the presence of economic insecurity." -- Chester Bowles