[lbo-talk] V for Vendetta Roundtable

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Thu Mar 30 19:11:01 PST 2006

On Mar 30, 2006, at 9:15 AM, BklynMagus wrote:

> It is Brian being Brian, but I hope you can recognize those
> elements that are a result of my LBO education. I sure do!

I suspect this is a prime example of both:

" 2 As for power, I wish the Left loved power more. Whenever people come together, power will be generated. To be successful, I believe the Left needs to assert that it has developed, tested, and mastered an ethics of power that is superior and more widely beneficial than that promulgated by the Right. At the present time, however, the Left shuns power as if it were a hungry cobra, and thereby commits itself to wandering about in the political wilderness. Unfortunately, some (many?) leftists look upon this exile as something noble to be cultivated and applauded, as if being able to proclaim "You're not going to catch us wanting to be in charge" is a virtue."

You really ought to read the book, though, Brian--it's really something. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/enriched Size: 1059 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/20060330/f16a5142/attachment.bin>