[lbo-talk] Re: V for Vendetta Roundtable

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 31 04:59:03 PST 2006

Dear List:

Guest writes:

> So this movie included some gay people but
they were not the center of the story and that got you all worked up so you stomped off to some hipster record store to get clean of the taint of white bourgeois hypocrisy.

Do you have problems reading?

I did not complain about the centrality of the queer story.

My issue was the way queer lives were seen to have worth on insofar as they were useful to heterosexuals and their lives.

That kind of homophobia disgusts me. For other people it may not be a problem or even welcomed.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister