[lbo-talk] Fatal Equilibrium -- and Larry Summers

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon May 1 07:08:07 PDT 2006

Jim Devine wrote:

> As my wife says: you can be ignorant or arrogant, but the combination
> of both is crossing the line.

I also like the variation on this attributed to Trotsky: "Everyone has a right to be a damn fool some of the time, but so&so abuses the privilege." I assume the president of Harvard has a lot of margin, but Summers _really_ abused the privilege. You can insult professors _or_ scientists _or_ women, but if you insult all three it's too much.

Carrol