[lbo-talk] Re: Albright on Iraq

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 1 17:44:50 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

>Just back from a chatfest at the Council on Foreign Relations
>featuring Madelein Albright - who's really high on god these days,
>and thinks we need to take religion more seriously. Aside from that
>stunningly original idea, she did pronounce the invasion of Iraq the
>worst foreign policy disaster in U.S. history - worse than Vietnam.
>She didn't offer any suggestions on what to do about it, though.

Oh yeah, she also made a big deal out of possible "left-right" alliances (she's the left part of that, ha ha, and named Sam Brownback as the right side) over things like human trafficking, religious freedom, and genocide. She noted that the Christians were banging down her door while she was Sec'y of State to lobby on Sudan, and she cheered yesterday's Save Darfur rally as a wonderful example of these cross-spectrum alliances. Beware of anything jointly cheered by Albright and Brownback I say.

Doug