[lbo-talk] Reuters on the rallies

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Tue May 2 12:52:34 PDT 2006

>>> sethackerman1 at verizon.net 05/02/06 12:10 AM >>>
What are the politics of the immigrants at the demos? Seth <<<<<>>>>>

a lot of focus here in orlando on workers' rights, yes there were lots of flags - mostly u.s. (passed out as march began) as well as from various central and south american nations, most important - for me - was that the *vast* majority of folks were working people, lots of signs about labor justice, speeches emphasizing worker rights/justice, reflects - i think - the fact that principal organizers locally were farmworker association of florida, jobs with justice, acorn (a fourth, latino leadership, is more of a community service org)...

the orblando slantinel quoted my friend, sister ann kendrick of the farmworker ministry, saying that 'it was a great day. I've never seen anything like it in my 35 years in orlando'...

absolutely, mh

Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.