[lbo-talk] Khomeni & Israel

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 3 11:24:18 PDT 2006

[this is rather amazing - I had no idea! - I presume this was to annoy Iraq?]

<http://www.juancole.com/>

But, by the way, Khomeini sold oil to Israel, and Israel sold him weapons and spare parts, and put the Reagan administration up to doing the same thing. You will note that when Khomeini originally made the statement about the occupation regime over Jerusalem vanishing from the page of time, that was not front page news. In fact, secret Israeli arms shipments were arriving in Tehran as Khomeini was speaking. So whatever is going on now is not about the rhetoric, is it?