Pioneer Wojtek, was: RE: [lbo-talk] it's inevitable

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 19:43:51 PDT 2006

In all fairness, though, for whatever resaons, women have not excelled in chess. Judit Polgar and her sister (also quite good), who are also Hungarian, btw, and thereforte I have an extra soft spot for them, are GMs but not in the league of Kasparov, Karpov, Fisher, Alekhine, Capablanca. I have played their their games, and I agree with the redceived opinion. Either of those women could beat me flat in 15 moves with a Queen handicap, but I'm just a 1250 ranked woodpusher. Was -- been a long time since I was rated. Women's backwardness in chess may change, but it has been the history.