[lbo-talk] AJC: "it does not help American Jews to appear to be stimulators of any action against Iran"

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Thu May 4 11:26:54 PDT 2006

Yoshie -

Agreed - and that's a good thing. As I suggested earlier, its not the motivation I question in your writing, its the invocation of tradition-laden language that you use to do so. I find your reportage and ability to point out painful contradictions in my community's politics to be terrific.

Its the ideological surpluses of your interpretation of such events that elicits the kinds of responses Marc Cooper issued forth. There's no reason to give folks like that ammunition. If you can't figure out a better way to communicate these things aside from being a very good reporter, let the facts speak for themselves. They're revealing enough.

Joel