[lbo-talk] Genocide in Iraq and Sudan

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri May 5 06:47:50 PDT 2006

Charles Brown, incredibly, asks:

> So, you don't think there is probable cause to believe that Bush and>
Clinton intended to destroy the Iraqi nationals in whole or in part?

No, I don't. You do?

C'mon, everyone on LBO got together behind my back today and said: let's fuck with Jordan by posting some outrageous statements.

Right? Ok, I get it. Very funny.

Now quit it!

/jordan

^^^^^ CB: Not funny Jordan. (angry , frowning face here) Yes, I definitely believe that both Clinton and Bush and their associates intended to slaughter Iraqis as Iraqis. For you to believe their cover lies is outrageous.

Also, there is a sort of subtle effort on your part to turn it around and make it seem like those charging the U.S. with genocide are exaggerating, crying wolf whatever. That's not ok, on your part. You are covering up for some world historic criminality. You also sort of imply that you are serious about genocide, and those charging the U.S. with genocide are playing with the concept. That's VERY not ok on your part. It's not ok for you to call these charges "outrageous", as if you seize the moral high ground or something. You are on the moral low ground with the genocidalists.

On the technical legal tip,Mr. Justice Powell said one is presumed to intend the necessary and foreseeable consequences of one's actions. We don't have to find Bush or one of his minions saying that they intend to destroy the Iraqi "national group" in part in order to find intent necessary to charge the Bush ( and Clinton) regimes with genocidal assault on the Iraqi people.