[lbo-talk] Zizek, "Against the Populist Temptation"

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:36:08 PDT 2006

Here, here, Woj!

Except for your mode of expression (which I call "my style problem with Woj" - he is sort of the neo-con Spartacist League of this list) I agree with you completely. Unless you want to work through an obsession with Lacan, Hegel, Lenin, and the Roman Catholic church, Zizek is close to unreadable. But as far as I can see is Lakoff is not much different. All of thes guys make a critical fetish of language, essentially reducing an analysis of politics to an analysis of ideology, and an analysis of ideology to their own peculiar misconception of human language.