[lbo-talk] British election

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri May 5 14:35:44 PDT 2006

The firing of Jack Straw is a very bad sign. I'm no fan of his (a friend dissuaded me from carrying out my half-serious threat to push him down stairs when we ran into him in a West End theatre while the Pinochet case was pending), but he was one who was saying that an attack on Iran was "inconceivable" and "nuts." His firing clearly says that it's Blair's view that it's quite conceivable. --CGE