[lbo-talk] Zizek, "Against the Populist Temptation"

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 15:57:05 PDT 2006

On 5/5/06, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> One of my favorite quotes of all time:
>
> "The slogan 'neither left nor right' always means
> 'right'." - Charles Peguy
>
> Happy Cinco de Mayo,
>
> -B.

Ah, now that's a name few know. First google hit>...In the English-speaking world, the French poet and intermittently Catholic polemicist Charles Péguy is barely even a name today. Until recently, I knew him only as the author of the penetrating observation (found in a 1905 essay called "Notre Patrie") that "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been motivated by the fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."

-- Michael Pugliese