[lbo-talk] Reuters on the rallies

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri May 5 19:57:58 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006, Seth Ackerman wrote:

>> will these immigrants be like those of the earliest 20th century who
>> brought radical politics with them and shook up the natives' torpor?
>
> What are the politics of the immigrants at the demos?

David Bacon had a pretty interesting article almost a year ago on how immigrant communities that had been radicalized over a long process in Mexico and Guatemala had reconstituted themselves whole over here and brought their politics with them. If you have a Nation subscription, it's available in the archives here:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051024/bacon

If not, available from me offline. It's too long to post.

Michael