[lbo-talk] Women and Chess: Deep Blue Weighs In

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 05:53:01 PDT 2006

Yeah. It's like Heidegger wrote deliberately to get misconstrued. Like the the line in The Question Concerning Technology about the death camps and mechanized agriculture -- his point was that they're both mechanized ("Enframed"), not that they are morally equal.

I think Heidegger's reading of Aristotle in particular is f'n off-the-scale brilliant.

--- ravi <gadfly at exitleft.org> wrote: Just as Nietzsche's "God is Dead", that's one statement that (though less popular) is much-maligned. It is also one of my favourites from old H. More so than in the case of Nietzsche's statement (since his [primary?] interest does in fact often seem to be controversy), any reading of Heidegger's requires reading further (for very shortly after, Heidegger makes it clear that he does not make that statement to imply disrespect towards Science or scientists).

Nu, zayats, pogodi!