[lbo-talk] 'I seen it in the movies' (was: What is genocide?)

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sun May 7 08:45:43 PDT 2006

At 05:25 PM 5/5/2006, info at pulpculture.org wrote:
>in the jock, upper class male mind, black women simply can't be raped by
>virtue of their race. (that is, any pretense to her not wanting sex would
>be just that, a pretense. By definition. black female sexuality is
>animalistic in nature and she can't say no because she's an animal that
>wants it all the time. Move along, there is no rape here.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/06/AR2006050601359_pf.html

From the article:

"But to many on the NCCU campus, it seems straight from the mouths of grandparents and parents who passed along cautionary tales about how justice worked: A black woman's cry of rape was seldom believed, and whites always walked.

All they had to do was turn on talk radio or log onto the Internet. "The bottom line is this girl probably wanted to [have sex] . . . and [get] paid," someone posted on a Durham news forum. "Most black women enjoy that, I seen it in the movies. The only different about this is that she wanted to get paid the 'right' amount of money for it. What really happened, I believe, is she didn't get enough money after she did the work for those nice, innocent young men that just wanted to relax, take a load off and have some fun.'"

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org