[lbo-talk] Doing the math

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sun May 7 08:49:46 PDT 2006

On May 6, 2006, at 5:45 PM, John Adams wrote:

> On May 6, 2006, at 5:19 PM, Marta Russell wrote:

>>> For how long do we need that?
>>>

>> Thank you for a civilized question.
>>

> Marta, I try really hard to be civil. If you'll recall, I explained
> why I thought your position on the Schiavo case was understandable,
> even though I disagreed with it, and said something similar about
> your position on immigration. But I do think you're wrong, really
> wrong, here.

I'm not married to his idea, it is only one idea out of many. One child per couple would be better than what we have now but it may not get the job done. It seems to me that we are in a race against time on the global warming front, the emissions control/consumption front and the population growth front. Marta