[lbo-talk] High point of Bush's time in office? Catching a 7.5pounder

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun May 7 09:11:27 PDT 2006

info at pulpculture.org wrote:

> good. maybe he'll hang a sign on the offal office (tm) that says, "gone
> fishing. forever."

I wouldn't disagree -- except, and I'm hurting too much all over* to develop this argument, that leftists really do focus too damn much on that shithead Bush -- and on the Bush Administration as a whole. We will pay for this in 2009 when, regardless who wins in November 2008, we have again to more or less start organizing from scratch as the war in the Mideast (or in Latin America or in _____) escalates.

The enemy really is u.s. imperialism. For now we can only reach larger masses by focusing more narrowly on Iraq, but we _have_ to think about deepening awareness among more and more anti-war people of the sources of the wars they condemn. Focusing on particular persons too much may be fun -- and there's no reason leftists shouldn't have fun -- but it's also confusing.

Carrol