[lbo-talk] dust off that old bike, Woj

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sun May 7 09:59:59 PDT 2006

Not too sound too much like the local tourist bureau, but the National Capital Region (Ottawa - Gatineau) has a great cycling infrastructure - nearly 200 km of paved bikepaths alone along the Rideau Canal and along both sides of the Ottawa River up into the Gatineau hills. It boasts it has the highest number of cycle commuters of any North American city, but I don't see how the population size can support that claim, though you do see lots of people on the paths and streets every day outside the winter months. On the other hand, I'm replying to someone writing from Holland who's not likely to be very impressed!

Link: http://www.ottawastart.com/bike.php

----- Original Message ----- From: "Colin Brace" <cb at lim.nl> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 12:31 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] dust off that old bike, Woj